As a promotional products distributor, we understand that promotional products are effective — but sometimes we forget how effective they are. Not only do they work, but they work really well! Keep these facts in mind if you’re a business considering an investment in promotional items:
- Commemorative buttons are the first known promotional products and go back to 1789 when George Washington was elected the first president of the United States.
- As many as 91% of consumers have one or more promotional items in their kitchen, 74% have one or more in their workspace, and 55% have one or more in their bedroom. Speaking of the kitchen, have you seen our all-in-one Gadgetz Kitchen Set?
- On average, consumers hold onto promotional products for 6.6 months.
- Eighty percent of customers own anywhere from 1-10 promo products; 53% of them use one at least once weekly, and 60% of them keep the item(s) for up to two years.
- Thirty-one percent of customers nationwide own a promotional bag — we love our Y2K Grocery Bag with Insert! Logoed bags generate the most impressions of any promotional item, with nearly 6,000 impressions each.
- About 48% of consumers would prefer to receive promo products more often.
- Personalized mugs in particular are more effective than radio and TV advertising: 57% of people can recall a business name on a mug, whereas 32% percent and 28% can recall the same from radio and TV ads, respectively. Since mugs are so great, check out our awesome Campfire Mug!
- Logoed items lead to 500% more referrals from satisfied customers than letters alone.
- Adding a promotional product to other media adverting avenues increases the effectiveness of those avenues by 44%.
- Bags and writing instruments are items with the lowest cost per impression in the U.S. (1/10th of a cent). Go unique with our new Metallic Baseball Bat Pen!
- An impressive 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser on a promo item they’ve received as long as two years prior.
- Consumers value product usefulness, as 77% of them say it’s the top reason to keep an item. In fact, 69% percent of people would pick up a promo item if they felt it had practical value. Health and safety products, computer products and writing instruments rank the most useful, so why not try our RoadsterTM Mini or Sling Grip for your next tech campaign?
Pretty impressive stats, right? We think so too! Let us know if you need ideas for your next promotion and we’ll help get you going!
Facts retrieved from: http://www.sageworld.com/blog/index.php/2015/04/30/25-insane-but-true-facts-about-promotional-products/