A group of us from Second Story Promotions attended classes during The PPAI Expo in Las Vegas last week, and we were inspired by what we learned! Take a read through some of our notes to see how you can improve your business relationship with your customers.
Intro to Strategic Foresight Playbook – Paul Bellantone
- It’s not your customer’s job to remember you; it’s your job to make yourself unforgettable.
- Find your competitive advantage and be competitive through experiences.
- Start by asking questions to anyone and everyone by scanning the environment, gathering feedback to know exactly what customers want.
- Determine your weaknesses and find ways to make them better.
- Find your 3–5 emerging trends and figure out how to do those well.
- Measure results: What actually happened? What was supposed to happen? What can you learn?
Get in Touch! – Kim Todora
- How promotional items are most often used: events (18.5%), brand awareness (12.9%), gifts (12.7%), trade shows (8.7%), and service awards (6.7%)
- Consumers like statistics, so use them and post about them with lifestyle images
Get Paid for Creativity and Strategy Beyond the Order – Dave Houston
- #1 sales effectiveness = an extremely organized process; look like you have it together so your customer gains your trust
- Prove effectiveness through testimonials or case studies
How Change Happens and Excellence is Achieved – Johnny Campbell
- Promised land: what gets you to where you are going in the end
- Change vs. transition: change = events, structure, things; transitions = new attitudes
- You have to show people what the end looks like to get them through transitions
- What gets in the way of allowing change: distractions, drafting, resistance
New E-Commerce is Engagement Commerce – Mark Graham & Bobby Lehew
- Create a personalized experience
- The best product stories drive customers to purchase based on others’ experiences
- Emotional connections: the modern way of looking at products and getting customers to be inspired
- Everything you do should be to help and celebrate the customer
It’s easy to be SUCCESSFUL in the right environment!
- GOALS – write them down and review them often to give yourself direction
- What’s your purpose? 1) Serve others with your gifts and talents, 2) Get better every day at what you’re doing, 3) Celebrate where you are — don’t just tolerate it!
- Create the culture you are looking for.
- Rewards big or small remind people they are moving in the right direction.
Communicate to your customers that you’re there for them, just like we’re here for you!